Dan Buettner is a researcher, author and founder of the Blue Zones®, a company dedicated to creating healthy communities. He discovered 5 places with the highest density of people who live the longest and healthiest (the so-called “Blue Zones”), one of which is Sardinia, Italy. Here are the factors he uncovered that explain the Sardinians longevity:
- They eat a diet centered around plants.
- They have strong family values.
- They praise and respect older adults.
- They walk every day.
- They have fulfilling social networks.
- They have a daily gathering to laugh.
- They consume goat milk.
For more read the details on the BlueZones blog.