Dr. Frank Lipman, a leader in functional medicine (and Hearty CMO), encourages hispatients to focus on boosting immunity to prevent illness. Here are some of his topimmune-enhancing nutrition tips:
- Eat immune-supportive foods: garlic, onions, and greens.
- Eliminate sugar and processed foods.
- Add prebiotics into your diet: eat stalks and stems of vegetables.
- Eat fermented foods: apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, and miso.
- Drink immune-boosting teas like andrographis, elderberry, and astragalus.
- Drink bone broth.
- Add spices into your food.
- Add 1 tsp of coconut oil into your morning beverage of choice.
For more tips on immunity visit his blog, “30 Ways to Boost Immunity Right Now.”