Dr. Frank Lipman, a leader in functional medicine, encourages his patients to take advantage of lifestyle factors to slow aging. Optimize for longevity with 5 of Dr. Lipman’s favorite tips for slowing aging:
- Focus on the edible youth-sustainers: Fresh, organic or farmer’s market produce and quality proteins are the way to go if you plan on feeling and looking well for as long as possible.
- Nix the #1 youth-drainer: Sugar.
- Ditch the foods that beat up your body: Processed foods.
- Embrace the essential anti-aging behavior that involves your pillow: Get adequate sleep.
- Don’t just stand (or sit) there: Move!
If you’re hungry for more, he has also written a book on the topic, called The New Rules of Aging Well.